Whitefish Bay-Shorewood Nursery School offers a loving, age-appropriate learning environment for children ages two to four. We give individual attention to each child in an environment that is uniquely adapted to meet his or her personal needs.
Our curriculum focuses on these core areas every day:
- Guided and unguided large and small motor development activity time
- Social and imaginative learning through free play and group time
- K4 readiness and academic activities
- Self-image exploration through music and art projects
- Regular field trips
Twos and Threes
For many of the children in the two- to three-year-old classroom this is the first time they have been in a structured, group environment without a parent or familiar caregiver present. Our two to three year old program offers a gentle transition from home to school. Our goal is a happy classroom filled with children who thrive and prosper both intellectually and emotionally.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9-11 am
- Tuesday, Thursday 9-11 am
Early drop off is available at 8:45 am, late pick-up is available at 11:30 am
Threes and Fours
Our three- and four-year-old class bustles with energy and excitement. Our teachers take a whole child approach to learning with an emphasis on developmentally appropriate learning through play in a safe and nurturing environment. Our teachers foster a sense of joyful learning, independence, confidence and K4 readiness in our students.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00-11:30 am
- Tuesday, Thursday 9:00-11:30 am
- Monday-Friday 9:00-11:30 am
Early drop off is available at 8:45 am
Morning Drop Off
Doors are opened at 8:55 am. For families who have opted for an early drop off, doors will open at 8:40 am.
Students are greeted by a teacher at the door.
Doors are locked at 9:10 am.
For safety reasons, only doorbell access is available during school hours.